Saturday 15 August 2015

Hip Hop Is Not For Children (Poem) By Emeka Ubesie




Some men believe Hip hop is for children,
But I haven’t seen a child who is a gangster.
 
Hip hop is life; it’s food, lovelier than a wife,
The best motivator,
The language that illuminates the truth about life to humans,
The fighter for human equality, the killer of racism,
Hip hop thinks like a wise woman and acts like an old man.
 
I call her my drugs, my saviour, my inner sorcerer,
My companion, the language of the black gods.
 
Hip hop is Africa, it is black in colour,
The medium that Negros use to pass message(s) to the White Aliens,
Hip hop is so hard, harder than a man’s erection,
More explosive than come shot, so wired than bitches,
Hip hop was born by an African mother,
She puckers brows when things are done the wrong way.
 
Hip hop is revolutionary; it’s a secret fighter,
A culture, a cult and a deity,
Hip hop is a gospel, the comforter of the street.
 
It is a ritual that the gods speak along with an instrumental or synthesized beat,
Life without Hip hop is like living in a world without a motivator,
I die, when Hip hop dies.

(Emeka is a young Nigerian writer who is endowed in a special way with storytelling knack, just   like his ancestors. His short fiction stories and poems have emerged as Guest Post on ‘A Loco Viva Voce,’ and host of other literary blogs)
{Email: emekaubesie@yahoo.com, Twitter: @emeka_ubesie}

 


 

2 comments:

  1. Sorry,can u explain what hip hop is as hard as.I dont understand that part

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a deep feeling and I don't think we could find any phrase or sentence that will do justice to that. Let's leave that for the gods to explain and please, kindly enjoy the other parts of the poem...Lol.

      Delete